Definition of POP-CULTURE
My definition of POP-CULTURE is youth culture, culture that exists currently like within 10 or 20 years or culture that is not traditional.
Anime could be one of the Japanese pop culture for me because mostly the funs of anime are young people.
JAPANESE POP-CULTURE and BROADCASTING WEBSITES
Recently, some of broadcasting websites show some anime, such as
ニコニコ動画
Gyao
. anime
You probably watch anime on TV, but you might sometimes miss for some reasons.
Before those website exist, what you have to do is looking for your friend who recorded it.
Now, you just need to go to those websites and look for what you miss.
After the anime had broadcasted on the TV, it also would be broadcasted on those websites for free for a week.
After the free term, you have to pay for it.
Ustream is right now trying new thing.
From this spring, they have been broadcasting an anime TIGER&BUNNY.
Unlike other websites, you cannot watch the anime everyday on Ustream.
They're broadcasting it every Saturday night like other normal anime does on TV every week which is still new thing.
And, it's not directly related to this topic, but in this anime one of the character, SKY-HIGH has the logo of Ustream.
TIGER&BUNNY is a pretty unique anime; each main character has sponsor logos.
The main character has SOFTBANK's logo, and his partner has BANDAI's logo.
One of the sub characters, ORIGAMI CYCLON had only one spensor , . anime , when the anime have begun, but now he has TAKASU CLINIC and LIVEDOOR's logos too since he's became somehow one of the most popular characters!

タイバニ出た~~!!
返信削除momeさんコメント早いwwww
返信削除Wow, you really provided a lot of great links here. Though I don't know much about anime, I get a sense from reading your post that the spread of the internet in recent decades has helped to globalize this form of pop-culture.
返信削除I think your final paragraphs have something to say about the role corporations at the intersection point of pop culture and cyberspace. I hope members of the Corporations group in the class take note of this blog post.
One problem, I really wanted to check the Takasu Clinic website but your link didn't work. Do you think you can fix it, please?
Dear Mr. Lockman,
返信削除Thank you for your comment.
I added Takasu clinic's English web page or something before, but it seems gone.
so instead, I added Dr.Takasu's message site which is in English.
other than that, i could not find English page of Takasu clinic...
Takasu clinic is the most famous cosmetic surgery clinic in Japan.
I think Dr. Takasu's wife and son are also work there as doctors.
sometimes you can see their commercials on TV saying "YES, TAKASU CLINIC!"